The dominant purpose of the association is the provision of relief for the benevolent needs of grandparents rearing grandchildren and /or great-grandchildren
The relief is needed where both grandparents and grandchildren suffer physical and emotional stress and deprivation of necessary life resources due to the children’s acute loss or unavailability of their parents as primary carers
- Provide a venue where grandparents can meet.
- Provide opportunities for grandparents and grandchildren to socialise
- Provide support information to grandparents and grandchildren
- Provide respite for grandparents and grandchildren
- Provide referrals to counselling services
- Advocate for grandparents rearing grandchildren with state and federal governments